Monday, May 13, 2013

Mission Statement?

Woo Hoo!!! My first post! I'm so excited! I have never had a BLOG before. I thought such a right was reserved only for the supremely intellectual. Turns out anyone can have one and do any such thing with it. 

Well friends, I have been posting my DIY/ craft projects on FB and Pinterest for some time now. I would fittingly call them "Thrift Shop Remixes" since most of the products came from none other than the thrift shop (shocker)! Finally, a friend suggested to me to start my own blog. I had never really thought about doing that before, but it strangely made a lot of sense. I can have all my projects in one place with a common theme. TA DA a blog is born! So, for all intents and purposes this blog will serve as a place where I can share my ideas, projects, updates, crafts, and any other hoopla I deem necessary ;)  Hopefully it will inspire some of you to take on a project/craft yourself!

A little about me. I am a twenty-something young lady living in NOVA (Northern Virginia for you non-city types). I reside in 2br apartment. I say this because some DIYers have huge houses and yards to work with. That is not me. I have a nice 2br that is a little over 1100 ft with a balcony. So most of my projects/crafts for the home will be focused on a smaller scale living space. Along with me in that 2BR apartment is a boyfriend and my two sidekicks Jack (the cat) and Doug (the dog). They love to "help" with any project I may be taking on. I work from home  a lot so I have a little time here and there to break away and tinker with a craft or project. It is a pretty sweet set up if I do say so myself. 

Anyway, I'm sure you guys probably get what I'm about now. Thanks for reading and or looking. Please leave comments or questions if you have any. 

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment